Question: Really, now. This is the third time we’re interviewing you. Who keeps inviting you?
Paul: What a great way to make me feel welcomed and truly valued.
Question: Is that sarcasm?
Paul: You’re getting a lot better asking questions.
Question: But why are you here?
Paul: Another great question. Thanks for asking. For all the people who have been clamoring for silly facts about me I offer 8 Random Things You Wouldn’t Know If You Didn’t Read This Interview:
- In my youth I lived in China (2 years) and Nigeria (4 years).
- I have been pierced 4 times (but I’ve let three of the holes close).
- I have broken my nose at least twice (whoever said basketball isn’t a contact sport).
- My best sports in high school were volleyball and basketball.
- My graduating class had 20 students.
- I met my wife in my first class on my first day at the university from which we both graduated (Norm Metzler’s Faith for the Future class; Charlotte introduced us).
- My oldest sibling will turn 60 later this year (Happy birthday, Jay).
- I hate Styrofoam (it gives me the shivers).
Paul: Yes. Now do you want to tell me any random facts about you?
- I hope we can get someone new for our next interview.
Paul: Is that it?
Question: It’s enough.
Paul: Well, if you’re going to be so reticent, maybe we can get your readers to chime in. What are 8 Random Things I Wouldn’t Know If You Didn’t Read Tell Me? I look forward to reading your responses.